Sea to summit
Date: 16th AUGUST 2020
Distance: 42 kilometres
Elevation: 1,424 metres
Stay in the quaint township of Melrose and catch our bus to the start line, before completing a gruelling run through the lesser known parts of Mt Remarkable National Park.
This trail marathon will take you from the waters of the Spencer Gulf to the township of Melrose via the summit of Mt Remarkable.
Open to confident runners, the 8 hrs cutoff sounds generous until you encounter the unrelenting climbs. Comprised of 53% climbing, 32% descending and 14% flat sections, this is going to be one of your toughest trail marathons!
Along the way you’ll be able to replenish your energy at 4 aid stations, but remember to bring a container as we are a cupless event!
/ person including bus
- Ticket price includes bus fare from Melrose to the startline.
No private vehicular access to the startline is permitted as this is on private property.
- Start time: Saturday 16th August 2020. Bus leaves 06:00 in Melrose, race starts 08:00.
- Distance: 42 KM
- Elevation: 1,424 M
- Aid stations: 4x (lollies, fruit, chips and water). No cups provided, please bring your own container.
- Bonus: Free mug of our famous vegan-friendly minestrone or hearty beef stew at the finish line.
- Under 18 not permitted.
- Trail type: There are some dirt road and fire trail sections, however the majority will be wide formed walking trails and single trail. The bitumen section from 2018 has been replaced with single trail through forested land.
- Steepest uphill: 30% gradient.
- Uphill: 22.68 kilometres.
- Steepest downhill: 33% gradient.
- Downhill: 13.77 kilometres.
- Flat: 6.21 kilometres.
Sea to Summit 2018